- Beautiful faces are those that wear,
- It matters little if dark or fair—
Whole-souled honestly printed there.
- Beautiful eyes are those that show,
- Like crystal panes where hearth fires glow,
Beautiful thoughts that burn below.
- Beautiful lips are those whose words
- Leap from the heart like songs of birds,
Yet whose utterance prudence girds.
- Beautiful hands are those that do
- Work that is earnest and brave and true,
Moment by moment the long day through.
- Beautiful feet are those that go
- On kindly ministries to and fro—
Down lowest ways, if God wills it so.
- Beautiful shoulders are those that bear
- Ceaseless burdens of homely care
With patient grace and daily prayer.
- Beautiful lives are those that bless—
- Silent rivers of happiness.
Whose hidden fountains few may guess
- Beautiful twilight, at set of sun
- Beautiful goal, with race well won,
Beautiful rest, with work well done.
- Beautiful graves, where grasses creep,
- Where brown leaves fall, where drifts lie deep
- Over worn-out hands—Oh, beautiful sleep!